Not a lot of greens on that Christmas dinner table? Here’s a salad to change that. We think you'll add it to your winter salad repitoire.
Warming Winter Salad
¼ cup of olive oil
¼ tsp dried rosemary
¼ tsp dried thyme
¼ tsp dried sage
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 cup of sweet potato, cut into 1-inch thick cubes
¾ cup brussels sprouts, cut in half
1 cup of cauliflower florets, cut in half
16oz of your choice of mixed greens
½ cup walnuts
½ cup pomegranate seeds
2 tbsp of red wine vinegar
¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine marinade ingredients in small mixing bowl. Chop sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, and cauliflower and place in large mixing bowl. Pour marinade mixture over chopped vegetables, and toss to equally cover vegetables in marinade. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil, and arrange vegetables on a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast vegetables for 15 minutes, rotate vegetables, and roast for an additional 15 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
- In large salad bowl, combine mixed greens, walnuts, pomegranate seeds, and cooled vegetables. Combine dressing ingredients. Serve warming winter salad with dressing on the side
Photo Credit: Pinch of Yum