Perfect for the office, a party snack, or as a sneaky way to get kids to eat beets - this hummus recipe is sure to be a hit. The bright pink color and delicious sweet-savory flavor is simply delightful! Pair it with fresh veggies or your favorite whole-grain, high-fiber crackers (Mary's Gone Crackers, for example, are Plantable-approved.) 😊
Beet Hummus (yield 3 cups)
- 1 15-oz can cannellini beans (or chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red beet
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- ½ - ¾ tsp salt
- 2-4 tbsp water, as needed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss beet in 1 tbsp olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil. Roast on a parchment lined sheet tray for ~1 hour (or until soft). Remove from heat, cool, then remove skin.
- In a food processor, mince garlic clove. Add beans, beet, tahini, lemon juice, remaining olive oil and salt. Blend until smooth, adding water 1 tbsp at a time until desired texture is achieved. Enjoy!