SWEET POTATO FRIES
Adapted from Mark Bittman for the New York Times
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (if organic, don’t peel; if conventional, peel)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into ½ inch wide, 3 inch long sticks and place them on the baking sheet.
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl and toss them and the olive oil onto the sweet potatoes so the spices and oil coat the potatoes.
- Spread out the potatoes out on the baking sheet so they are not overlapping. You may need more than one baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden on the bottom. Flip and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with the Plantable ketchup!
Serving size: 2 ounces (4 Tbsp)
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp water
- ¾ tsp smoked paprika
- dash of cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- Soak raisins for 10-15 minutes in 1/2 cup water.
- Combine raisins, soaking liquid, tomato sauce, garlic, water, paprika, cinnamon, and salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil. Add the tomato mixture and lower the heat. Simmer for about ~20 minutes, until thickened.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Simmer for another 5 minutes and adjust seasoning to taste.