Trust us, don't leave your house without one of these bars in your bag this holiday season. When you are bombarded with sweets at the office or at that holiday party, the protein, healthy fats and fiber in these bars will make turning down the crap a whole lot easier.
No-Bake Almond Butter Snack Bars
Adapted from FurtherFood.com
1 cup creamy almond butter
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tbsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp flax seeds
1 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
½ cup chopped almonds
- Whisk together almond butter, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add cinnamon, flax seeds, chia seeds and unsweetened coconut flakes and chopped almonds.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in all of the ingredients.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour the batter in.
- Freeze for 2 hours then cut into bars.
- Store in the freezer until ready to eat.